Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Associative Box not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

skimmerman

Mechanical
May 6, 2009
US
I am using Inventor 2014. When I am in some drawings, and I choose to Edit View, then go to Component Tab, under Representation, there is a box that can be checked for "Associative". Even when I start off using the base view, I cannot check this box. It is greyed out for all views.
Is there a setting in the actual part file that I need to check in order to make the part in the drawing file Associative?
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It doesn't work for the "Master" design view representation.

Inventor Help File said:
Select the Associative check box to update the drawing when changes are made to the associative design view representation in the assembly environment.

Frankly, I have no idea what you would use this button for, though. What are you trying to accomplish?

If the associative box is "grayed" out for the base view then its because you are using the "master" view rep. The master is locked and does not allow you to change visibility on any parts.. as such it won't let you do it in the idw either.
You will need to use the default or another unlocked view rep.

The associative check box is a "workaround" to control individual part visibility in the idw without having to create an assembly level view rep. In general Inventor wants you to control visibility states via view reps but allows "overrides" by unchecking that assoc box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back