Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASTM A53 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFRs

Petroleum
Nov 22, 2002
US
I see a new edition is out. Are the changes substantive?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Aww come on - from the most recent edition prior to this one.

Purchase the latest edition and compare side by side. How hard is that to do?

Why are you being so belligerent and unhelpful? If you have nothing positive to contribute, please stay away. This was a reasonable question and deserves better than you can offer.

IFRs...don't get your panties in a wad. Metengr is exactly right. If you look at the history of A53, it has been changed 7 or 8 times in the last 10 years. I'm sure most of the changes have been editorial, but the term "substantive" might apply to one's application while not so much to another. The only way to discern this is to purchase the standard and compare...after all, we don't know what you might consider substantive as compared to someone else.

IFRs,
The irony is that the answer to you is very simple;- the 2010 edition of A53 (SA53) has on the end page a summary of changes. Sorry, I don't have yet the SA53-2010, but as soon as I get it, I'll post the extract page.
Cheers,
gr2vessels

Thanks, kind and understanding sir.

I consider my uses for standard update considerations. Black pipe is low on the list. The 2006 intro reflects black and hot-dipped galvanized steel pipe ... for ASTM A 53. If changed then I may update. Else, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back