Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ASTM Standards for PVDF & PP Sockets Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victitious

Mechanical
Apr 24, 2009
CA
I'm designing some components that have ASTM socket connections.

I'm looking for the dimensions of these sockets (entrance dia., bottom dia., and socket length, etc) for sizes 1/4 inch to 4 inch for Polypropylene, and PVDF.

ASTM standard D2467 for PVC pipe fittings had the info I needed.

I would prefer not to purchase another standard without knowing for sure that the standard was exactly what I needed.
I approached ASTM, but received no helpful information.

Does anyone know for sure the standards that I need to complete this project?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Stv

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'll try and remember to look through the ones that I have... If you reference one that you think you might need and I have it, I can see if the info that you are looking for is in it.... Not saying that I'll have it though...

JohnBreen & dingpud,

Thank you for your responses.

John, I checked the Orion Fittings link you attached, and the PDF doesn't give socket diameter information.
In ASTM Standard F2389, I found the socket sizes for PP.
As well, this document states the socket sizes for metric socket weld fitting, which correspond to DIN values I've received. We should be able to use these socket weld sizes for PVDF material as well.

dingpud, I don't believe ASTM has a standard for PVDF socket connection sizes, so I'll use the PP standard stated above.
That's the last ASTM socket connection standard I need.

I'm still looking for the DIN standards for 1/4" to 4" socket connections of PVC, CPVC, PP, and PVDF.
I already have some values, but I'm not certain of my source, so I'll need a more reliable source to confirm the original values received.

Cheers,

Stv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back