Status
Not open for further replies.

IRstuff

Aerospace
Jun 3, 2002
US
so using Google's generative AI to summarize search results

search: sub-mJy said:
Sub-mJy refers to a radio population that is a mix of active systems, such as star-forming galaxies (SFGs) and active galactic nuclei (AGNs). The sub-mJy radio sky is a complex mix of these systems, with a declining radio-loud AGN component.

OK, but what is sub-mJy, obviously, something to do with RF

what does sub-mJy mean? said:
“Sub” is an abbreviation for “submissive”. It is often used in the BDSM community. For example, someone might ask if you are a “sub” to determine if you are the submissive or dominant person in a relationship. “Sub” is the opposite of “dom”, which means dominant.

Oy ve! Have to use

what does "sub-mJy" mean? said:
In radio astronomy, the Jansky (Jy) is the unit of flux density. Sub-mJy refers to a radio population that is a mix of active systems, such as star-forming galaxies (SFGs) and active galactic nuclei (AGNs). The sub-mJy radio population has been an open issue for over 20 years.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

According to Wikipedia, it's

jansky_ihllel.jpg

Very odd exponent choice, though

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

I always wondered about someone named Bard.... seems like a shady name to me.

Yeah generative AI can at some times be really brilliant or at other times really clueless....

.... I don't think it will be putting engineers out of business anytime soon.

It's brilliant in that hundreds of lucid and usually coherent words are coming out of some sort of statistical Markov chain. But, it can't do math, yet, and it's still not clear whether it's meeting the Chinese room threshold. Certainly, from other generative AIs that produce photorealistic tripedal humans, it's clear that there's still no there, there; it's something no child would draw, unless it was for giggles.

TTFN (ta ta for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back