Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATP/EMTP TACS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

oblomof

Electrical
Jan 5, 2013
US

Dear Friends;

I am facing some problems in simulating speed control of Drives, since I do not have access to motor speed parameter; I need to get it with TACS in ATP-EMTP. In ATP, the "coupling to circuit" TACS element used for exporting a parameters, which node do I connect this element. And what is name that ATP saved?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Firstly, ATP has its own discussion group for question like this, see (Registration needed, may take a couple of weeks!)

The TACS coupling is connected to the node where the variables are available.

Name of the file? When you save the file, you select the name. If you are working with ATPDraw, the extension is *.acp, for example mycircuit.acp. The atp file is automaticially saved with the same name, with extension *.atp, as mycircuit.atp

You are right: "The TACS coupling is connected to the node where the variables are available.",
but for exporting machine speed, which node of UM3?
And what is name that TACS saved for machine speed variable?

Node: Lower left node (when the UM3 is upright), marked with a small omega.
Name? Sorry, don't understand the question. If you connect a simple multiplier (left click, TACS | Fortran statements | math | x*K. In addition, do not forget the TACS-probe at that node!) then the output of this multiplier = the name of the output node = speed multiplied by K. The input node must then be the name of the speed, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back