Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attribute values to Excel (Specific selections only) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezer

Electrical
Dec 27, 2002
US
Is there anyone who deals with VBA in Excel that can tell me how to access selected values of attributes based on name and/or layer and list in Exel. It will work as a BOM start to combine what is in my drawings with my database of company parts and numbers. I know a small amount of VBA (enough to get in trouble!!!) and I know about the extract sample in autocad but all I want is the values. also need to send different named att's to the same column as some blocks have more than one part therefore more than one tag name.

Hope this is not to much
Thanks
Mike N.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear freezer,
There is a good sample offered by Autodesk for extracting attributes from DWGs to Excel sheets. Refer to:

AutoCAD\Sample\ActiveX\ExtAttr

A XLS file, a DWG file, and a txt file will be found in the mentioned folder. Open the readme.txt and follow its instructions to run the macro in Excel.
Studying this sample macro code in Excel will teach you a lot for extracting data from DWG attributes.
:)
Farzad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back