Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

auto-mitering facility flange feature Inventor 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjjatpuresilica

Civil/Environmental
Oct 20, 2010
GB
Can anyone please explain what might cause the auto-mitering facility within the corner option of the flange feature in Inventor 2011 to fail?

It seems to be somewhat touchy!

Many thanks,
cjj

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear rollupswx,

I would be so grateful if you could please model it as you feel it should have been.

I am endeavouring to switch from 15 years of MDT to Inventor and your help really would be much appreciated.

I await your further kind posting,

cjj

I noticed that in your second model that you still did not fully constrain Sketch1. When it is fully constrained it will change color and say Fully Constrained in lower right corner of the screen.
Also, I noticed that your dimensions are irrational out to numerous decimal places. Model your parts with finished folded dimensions - let Inventor figure out the flat.
See the attached for one method. Notice no odd-ball angles out to 8 decimal places (no wonder having trouble constraining), no calculations - just real world measurements. (I didn't try to figure out your design intent dimensions - just got it close.
I will try to model up using a completely different technique for demonstration purposes when I get a chance (using all sheetmetal tools).

In the attached part pull down the red End of Part marker at the top of the browser step-by-step and examine the sketches.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3beb7977-9677-4eb2-bd34-39d798597d4e&file=Sheet_Metal_Wedge.zip
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back