Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Auto numbering with extrude 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhag84

Mechanical
Jan 30, 2014
US
I'm trying to create an extrude feature on a set of say 200 blocks of the same exact size.

Instead of creating a Text curve and extruding it on each block. I want do it for one of them say block 1 with text 1 extruded, and then have it repeat to the next 199 blocks, extruding 2, then 3, then 4 on each block. Is there a way to automate this process?

Thank you,

Joe

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sure, if you write a custom application using an NX Open API.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Can you Copy -Paste the block + subsequent features and then edit the text.
You can, if copy paste works, add this as a reusable object in the reuse library. making the "paste" a drag-drop operation.

Regards,
Tomas

John - I dont know NXOpen but thanks for the suggestion - I'd like to learn the language eventually but for now, I was hoping someone could provide me with a little help for what I thought would be a simple task.

Toost - I tried what you suggested but its not what I'm looking for... maybe with the use of an expression/batch file or journal I could make this work though?

I just have a block, its the same size, and same location to the WCS every time. I just want a simple way to save a bunch of these part files quickly, that have numbered text increaseing incrementally by 1.

100.prt - block with the numbers 100 extruded through
101.prt - block with numbers 101 extruded
102.prt - block with numbers 102 extruded
103.prt - etc
104.prt - etc

yes of course, it's a partfamily.
You can push the value of the text ( i.e "135") from the spreadsheet to the part family member.

regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back