Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Recovery Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

t2design

Mechanical
Dec 6, 2003
US
Has anyone experienced auto-recover problems (2004 SP1)? No auto recovery. Yes, I know about the new switch in system options/performance (default is set to '0'). But, still no files are being created in the swtemp directory, just many folders.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your looking in the wrong directory, that is your program TEMP folder not your backup folder. Everything in your TEMP folder should be delete once a week.

You have to make a path or it will create a folder called something like TEMPswbackup. I don't remember the exact name because I make a path for my backups. The only way you would get a actual backup of a file is if you have the option turned on. Plus where it says you have to make 10 changes before it does a backup. That means you have to do 10 Rebuilds, not actual changes to a file.

So what you need to do is

1) turn the autobackup on in your tools\options\backups
2) set a path (Ex: C:\Backups)
3) Open a file and rebuild it "X" amount of times you set the changes
4) then look in the path you set your backup directory to be.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [santa3] [americanflag]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

Sorry, I quoted myself wrongly about the directory. I know about the right one. Anyways, rebuilds......??? are you sure. Even my VAR, never mentioned rebuilds (didn't even know about the new switch). Got to try this out. Thanks for the big tip!!!!! I'll let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back