Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auto-scaling and blocking out background with text 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb22

Civil/Environmental
Oct 9, 2008
US
Hi,

I'm trying to do a couple things with text that would make life much easier, but I'm getting nowhere with AutoCAD help. I'm working with AutoCAD 2004.

1. How do you get text to scale automatically when viewing in different viewports? (i.e. viewing a layout at 1"=20' and then an expanded layout at 1"=10')

2. How do you block out objects and lines behind text?

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not too familiar with AutoCad 2004. If you have an annotative option to make your text scale automatially. You can set it up in your text styles or your properties.

As for blocking out objects behind text I think your refering that you dont want to see anything behind the text. If that's what you mean then you can try wipeout. Or once again if you have this on 2004 in your express tools-text-text mask.

Good luck

You can't. In model space you'll need different drawings with their proper text height in order to create the different viewport in paperspace in order to get consistent text height whether it may be 3/16,1/8,3/32 or any other value. This method is used mostly in mechanical and architectural drawings where you may need to expand or shrink a particular feature of a drawing. It is not normally done with civil drawings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back