Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Volume from 3D to 2D

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam86

Industrial
Feb 28, 2013
GB
HI,

We have recently started to use Creo Parametric.

What is the best way to pull a volume through from a 3D model into a 2D drawing with accosiativity so any changes made to the model will update the drawing.

I am assuming i have to create a relationship but not 100% sure of the settings or coding in 2D.

Thanks in advnace for your help

Adam

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In you part create a mass properties analysis feature and move it to the footer so it always regenerates last. This will calculate volume, surface area, mass, center of gravity, inertia, etc.

To see these go to tools/Parameters/ and in the pull down menu on the bottom right change Main to Reported Mass Properties. If I recall correctly (I may be wrong about is as I don't use this functionality), you have to create your own parameter and set it equal to the built in parameter pro_mp_volume. Then you can put your parameter in a drawing note.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Yes, you do need a relation like:

my_volume = pro_mp_volume()

and the use my_volume in your drawing table cell.

Create a mapkey to do the edit-setup-massprop and then regenerate in order to update my_volume.
Just having it in the footer does not get it updated into the parameters for use on a drawing.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back