Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD 12 - Locked User 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerbob

Civil/Environmental
Dec 12, 2001
US
I'm using a macro that writes into a simple Version 12 Lisp. This program runs on a network version of AutoCAD 12. Some how the system has locked a file that only allows one user. No one is using the system, but the program believes that one person is logged into it.

Is there a file that version 12 writes a lock file to that may not have been released? If so, how can I "unlock" the system?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not sure what file you are speaking of, however, I will let you know a few things about R12, and in particular LISP. If you are attempting to write information to a lisp file, but you cannot seem to do it more than once, it may be because you have not properly "closed" the file you were writing to. The only way to close a file once you have lost the file handle is to close AutoCAD. If the file you are attempting to open is a drawing, search for and find a file with the DWK extension. Those are files that "lock" drawing files under R12. If there are no files open, and AutoCAD is not running on any computer connected to the network, check the network node name on the station you are using, it may be interfering with the network node name of another user. Also check the status of the # of authorized users, in some subversions of R12 it was possible to set the number of authorized users to 0. You may also need to close the network license manager software then restart it. A corrupted *.PWD file occasionally causes this error as well. I have tried to tell you all of the common reasons a file would show as "open" when it was not open, however, without more specifics from you, I cannot be more accurate with a diagnosis.

tigerbob,
You might try searching on *.dwk
and delete the offending file. It
may not be that simple. Or check the
utilities file when you are in acad and
see if you can unlock the file. Are you
using automanager or some system that is
over riding acad?

tigerbob,
AutoCAD R12 uses the ACAD.PWD file to track user licenses/passwords. If you can no longer get into AutoCAD, try deleting the ACAD.PDL file. The ACAD.PWL file is a zero length file that gets created that indicates that the ACAD.PWD file is in use.

If this doesn't fix the problem, you may have to restore a copy of the ACAD.PWD file from backup.

Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back