Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocad 13 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

revman

Mechanical
Sep 11, 2002
US
I recently purchased a used copy of Autocad 13 so that I could run some speciality macros (evidently autolisp changed with R14, so 13 is the latest version that will work).

The installation routine uses a floppy to start things off, and then the bulk of the software is stored on a CD-ROM. When the floppy has completed its thing, I get a message to "Install disk labeled CDROM". It's obvious that the system is still looking at the a:\ drive when it should be accessing the CD-ROM. I've tried inserting the correct drive letter by hand, etc. to no avail.

Does anyone have a work-around for my problem? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sean

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is the original disk to install version...Using A:\setup
if memory serves me right, you then need to create a personalized disk with your name and Autocad serial number...your still not finshed until you put an authorization code in to make Autocad 13 a full working version...one that works past the 30 day trial period.

You would normally get the Authoriztion code from Autodesk...but they no longer support Release 13.

Might check with the person you bought it from...He may still have the code.

Good Luck

Sean,
I don't know if you have the space ... but have you tried to copy the "floppy" & "CD" to a temp folder on your "HARD DRIVE"? And then run the setup file from the hard drive.
If all the setup files sit in one folder, technically they should find each other and shouldn't be prompted for a drive letter.
I ran into a simliar problem when I used r13 but that was years ago. (And that's wasn't meant to bust chops.)
Hope that helps guy.
Rich

When you say "by hand", I assume you were modifying the contents of the "disk.id" file in the install directory?

I don't remember much of the details, but I do remember I had to change the disk number in that file everytime the install prompted for the next disk. I'm fairly certain that is what you meant, but just in case...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back