Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

AutoCAD 2000 and Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kujo

Dec 28, 2001
US
Just wondering....

I'm running a Windows 2000 Pro OS and ACAD 2000. I really have no complaints. However, I would like to upgrade the OS to WIN XP.

Does anone have any suggestions or stories they would like to share with this combination? Any problems?

Thanks...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Kujo,
Run the "Program Compatibility Wizard" in Accessories in the WinXP start menu. Choose to install AutoCAD 2000 in Win 2000 mode. Everything will be OK.
:)
Farzad

I have had no problems, work very well!!! However when you get ready to install the AutoCAD 2000 you need to go to the executable file right click>properties>compatibility>check the run program in compatibility mode for>Windows 2000. Everything else should work great!

Good Luck

JasonA

Using WinXP Professional edition with AutoCAD 2k and 2002, and Mechanical Desktop 4 and 6. No problem with ACAD compatibility, but did need to upgrade HP drivers. Didn't need the "Win 2000 mode" like the others mentioned.

Flores

You may want to do a search on WIN XP in this forum. Certain combos of programs and XP have issues. Plus remember, you have the new licensing scheme from MS, not earth ending but it is annoying.

I am having this problem and so are others (I copied this from autocad LT forum): When I open files and the "Select File" or "open File" dialog box opens, the section of the dialog box that lists all the files and directories always defaults to a list of the files with just icons showing. I wish the display to default to a dialog box showing all the file deatils eg date modified, file size, file type ETC. From the "Views" dropdown menu I can select "details" and it will change the icon display to show me the file details. However, this setting will not stick and so when I go back to the "Select File" screen then I have to reselect "details" from the "Views" menu. It is the same if I drill down to another directory, I still have to select the "Views" amd "details" options to get the display the way I liked it. This did not happen in Win 98 Any ideas on how to overcome the problem would be great.

I just logged onto this site for the first time in a while and I noticed the problem "tomsuelana" is having with AutoCAD 2000.

I too am experiencing this problem and would like to know if anyone has responded to your query?

This problem is very annoying and I would appreciate it if anyone knows of a solution?

View setting in Select File dialog box is not retained

Published date: 2001-12-06
ID: TS70062

Applies to:
AutoCAD® 2002
AutoCAD® 2000i
AutoCAD® 2000
AutoCAD LT® 2002
AutoCAD LT® 2000i
AutoCAD LT® 2000

Issue

On the File menu, you click Open. In the Select File dialog box in the Views drop-down list, the view type always reverts to List in a new session of AutoCAD, even after you changed the view type to Details

Solution

This is as designed; there is no way to retain the setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back