Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD 2000 / monitor display

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhugo

Mechanical
Jan 9, 2009
US
I've been using full blown AutoCAD 2000 for the past 7 years. I've gone through several PC upgrades and crt monitor upgrades with out issues, until now. The IT dept. just upgraded me to a wide screen flat panel and the display (only in Auto-CAD) is distorted. Pre windows Auto-CAD (rel 9) had a monitor calibration capability. Does anyone know if this is still possible in 2000?

Hugomeister

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I get the same problem and I just got use to it.The same problem persisted with ACAD 2000, 2004 and 2005. I think that their is a way of shrinking the width of the display with your flat screen software, however that would defeat the purpose of a wider screen.

Some monitors have an uncommon screen resolution that some video cards do not support. Not sure if this is your problem but it may be something to look into.

Look for a couple of things-

There's almost certainly an aspect ratio compensation factor in the monitor's auto-adjust. They won't call it that, but it rearranges individual pixels from a 4X3 ratio to one corresponding to the shape of the NATIVE RESOLUTION of your monitor. Run that. It looks like your monitor shakes a bit and settles down.

If that doesn't do it, check the monitor manual for any hard settings that will result in the same thing. Its NOT a setting you change from your keyboard- its a monitor menu change. Use buttons on the monitor. I just experimented 'til I found the right settings on mine.

3rd thing to look into- in your screen resolution settings (right-click mouse on desktop and select properties) . Choose any setting that DOESN'T show a ratio of 4x3 (your old monitor aspect ratio). For instance 1024X768: 3/4ths of 1024 is 768. Find out your monitor's native resoution, and choose a screen resolution that has the same ratio. This should round circles and square squares.

Post back with your final solution- there's likely lots of folks " just living with it " !

Good luck!

Changing the aspect ratio made it acceptable. The monitor recommended 1400 x 1050. The best selection I could make for Autocad is 1280 x 768. This is with approx 4% vertical elongation. I'll have to throw perfectionism out the window, this is close enough!

Hugomeister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back