Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD 2004 Bldg Systems - Tools & tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarauderX

Mechanical
Mar 24, 2004
US
I'm just diving into ACAD 2004 Building Systems, and looking for some help with getting up to speed. Any links and other suggestions to help me get jumpstarted would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance -
John

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

With the steep learning curve of ABS there is a major resistance for the HVAC guys going 3d. I am familiar with industrial piping where 3d has been used extensively. As such, ABS seems logical to me. The problem is for small jobs with plenty of room and few space conflicts, 2d works great. For jobs where ABS would be a benefit, companies do not have the time to train and put up with designer/drafters learning the new program. I believe 3d mechanical drafting will become the standard only after Architectural firm’s use of 3d becomes the norm. In the end, the finished product is 2d. ABS 2005 has some design features that I have not explored yet; however, if they work, the program will be awesome. For now, I am skeptical about ABS 2005’s design features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back