Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocad 2008 file options

Status
Not open for further replies.

dklarz

Mechanical
Mar 31, 2005
US
Can I back-file from 2008 to other versions such as 2000, 2004, etc? Thanks - Dadelar

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Exxit - Not back-up. I mean can I save-as a 2008 file to a 2000 or 2004 DWG format? I know 2008 saves in 2007 format but I need to go to both 2000 and 2004 for customer applications. BTW - one of my customers' claim that accuracy is lost when you DXF file. Is this true? (Is it obvious that I'm not much of an AutoCad man? I primarily work with SolidWorks or SolidEdge - haven't used AutoCad since the 2000 days...) Thanks - Dadelar

loss of accuracy can occur in dxf's if the precision level is set low. All coordinates will be saved in ascii format with a fixed number of decimal places. If you work with very small numbers or very high tolerance dimensions in yor drawings, you could lose some accuracy.

You can control floating-point precision of the DXF format up to 16 decimal places. If that doesn't provide enough accuracy for your application, then dxf files will be less accurate.

Unless I am missing something, you should just be able to go to the "Tools" / "Options" menu and under the "Open and Save" tab select what AutoCAD version you want to save as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back