Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Autocad 2015 xrefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiocad

Structural
Apr 6, 2001
US
We have a user on one workstation, that is having trouble with a titleblock xref loading when he opens the file.
Here is the order of things, that makes me scratch my head.

Open file A, with titleblock xref'd in. File opens, without the xref loading, and box pops up with the usual referenced file could not be located.
Change nothing, and open xref manager, highlight that xref, and click reload, comes in no problem. That tells me it does find the file, and can load it no problem.

Exact same machine, different user profile, same cad file, open up, works fine, loads xref when first opened. Same cad file, different machine, open up, works fine, loads xref when first opened.

For the username and workstation causing the headaches (makes it impossible for him to publish drawings), the xref titleblock has been tried 2 ways. In a supported path, and with a forced full path. Both have the exact same result. Thought about a corrupted user settings file, so did the Autocad Reset to Default... Same results once autocad is started and profile rebuilt.

Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What is XLOADCTL set to, and have you tried playing with it? [0,1,2]

Sorry, hit post before I finished typing, got sidetracked.

That was set to 2.... isn't that something that should have been reset when we did the "Reset Settings To Default"?

Not sure how, but it ended up set to 2... changing to 0 fixed the issue, and everything opens as expected. Strange that only one machine in the office was set that way, but there's no telling if he did that my mistake, etc...

Either way, fixed is fixed.

I personally do not know what the default is. I don't know if that's something that would be reset by reverting to an OOTB user profile either. I know it's a registry setting, so it's a "set it and forget it" sysvar, rather than per-drawing. If you're in the business of using random LISP routines, macros, or other routines from outside sources, one of them may flip the variable in the interest of making their routine run safely. Some people are better than others at "cleaning up their mess" at the end of a routine, and setting variables back to their previous state.

I'm reasonably sure that's how I ran into a similar issue with that sysvar years back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back