Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD Add-ons for Structural Construction Document Preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpid

Structural
Mar 14, 2008
US
At my firm we have been using an Add-on to AutoCAD called SCADD for the past three years. This was an excellent aid in producing construction documents; however, do to lack of demand the software company went out of business last year. As we are updating our computers to 2012 AutoCAD the current version of SCADD is not compatible. Are there similar software packages that other companies have used that we could use. (I am looking in the AutoDESK Steel detailing package, but it appears to be more for steel fabrication dwgs and not construction dwgs) Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Mike,

That sounds simple enough but it really isn't when all the software companies are in with each other. Currently we run AutoCAD 2000. However, this AutoCAD is not fully compatible with Windows 7 64 bit. If you buy a new computer this is the operating system you get so either you update AutoCAD or don't update your computer forever. For this specific reason I had to buy a copy of AutoCAD Lt 2012.

Good luck with not updating AutoCAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back