Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocad Backup Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

idesign73

Mechanical
Sep 25, 2002
US
We work with AutoCAD 14 at my company (although I would like to upgrade to something at least within the last decade!). It is our company policy not to create backup files simply for space sake on our server, so each computer is set to not create backup files (Tools-->Preferences-->General-->Create backup copy with each save) is unchecked. I have verified this and also checked to make sure the ISAVEBAK variable is set to zero. The problem is is that every now and then (not with all drawings), backup files are created anyway. I can not figure out why this is happening. Automatic save is set to 120 minutes.
Any thoughts??
Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi idesign73,

I just have a couple of thoughts. First, if your Autosave is set to 120 minutes, then you must be saving backup files somewhere. If you/your company does not want ANY backups, shut the Autosave off completely.

Here is another thought, if you want to have the safety of a backup without taking up server space, you can tell Autocad where to save the backup file. You can set it to save the backup on your local C: drive and it won't show up on the server at all.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back