Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD failed to install

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJackson

Geotechnical
Jul 22, 2004
US
I have tried to install AutoCAD Map5. It hung up at the end and froze my PC. After I forced it to shut down add/remove in my controll panel did not show an Autocad entry. The folders were on the hard drive like it had been installed, even a short cut on my desktop. When trying to open it gives me a fatel error. So I try to reinstall it and it doesn't do anything. You double click the exe and nothing. I need autocad installed on my PC for work purposes soon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx. GJ

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

make sure you remove autocad completly from the computer. when you go to reinstall make sure you have administrative privilages. that should work.
-sean

Does your system have the minumum requirements for installation? Did you input the correct keycode for your software? If everything is correct then follow deep6 post. Hope this helps - John

Thanks ya'll, but this issue ended up being the DLO agent I have installed. I had to close it completly and AutoCAD installed just find. DLO is part of Veritas.

Sincerely,

G. Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back