Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

AutoCAD from many years ago and selecting the "last" object 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnealo

Structural
Dec 1, 2006
US
Does anyone remember when copy last or move last (etc.) selected the last (most recently drawn) object within the limits of the viewing screen instead of the entire modelspace or current layout? Is there still a command to use this definition of 'last' ... or maybe a script, etc. Sometimes it would be a really handy tool.

Thanks!
Neal

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If system variable SELECTLASTMODE is set to 0, "last" will select the last viewable. So you could make a script or lisp to set this variable, then issue a "last".

Sorry I hadn't got back here for so long. Must have forgot to put notifications on. I'm using AutoCAD LT 2015... which might be why I can't set the system variable SELECTLASTMODE. Others in my office are using the full AutoCAD version (not LT) and do have access to the system variables. Again, thanks CarlB and chicopee for your help!

Is it possible that what you thought was an integrated command (eg: movelast) was actually a button or scripted command starting the move command (for instance) and auto selecting the "Last" selection option then turning control over to you for start and end points ?

If so,
1. run the command eg: MOVE, and select "L" as your select option ...

or

2. embed a macro'ed command into the running base LISP and/or menu item or button item, with the move command and the last option, naming the command something like MOVELAST, etc. If you don't have access to that approach (-LT), #1. should work for you.

Something like [^c^cmove L \\] or similar.

Good luck and post back with results ?

Tks-
C Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back