Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocad LT 2009 won't update to sp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankreid

Mechanical
Mar 9, 2007
US
For a couple of years I have been using the company's LT 2009 for all my work. In the Help menu it says that the product service pack is 0 (zero). It works well but I want to upgrade to the sp3 version. When I go to the Autocad website and download the 32-bit sp3 file I always save it in my download file. But when I looked, it wasn't there. I then tried downloading to the desktop and the same thing occurred. Why is this file not showing up in the Windows Explorer? I've done it four times and still no joy. What do you suggest?

Thanks for the great support.
Frank

Frank Reid
Reid Engineering Services of Utah

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Mike, thanks for the idea. I've never used a phone for them, always an email or online help. Maybe I should try it. Do you have a number for them?

Frank

Frank Reid

Where did you get your copy - many are sold by local distributors. That's where we start. If no good answers then we "make" them escalate it up to AutoCad direct.

Sorry - I do not have a number - but I am sure their website or Google could find it.

This is very interesting. In my own office I have Full 2008 which I use regularly for many customers but this one requires that I sit here and use their 2009 LT. I've looked all over the box and the disc jacket and papers inside and there is nothing to indicate it is not a legal copy. I have registered it with Autodesk when I installed it six months ago and get regular emails from them.

Do you mean that Autodesk sells a version of LT that is somehow of a lesser value, like a student version which cannot be upgraded? Anyway, I'm able to get the work done with it just as it is. I'll stop trying to upgrade it to sp3.

Thanks for you comments.
Frank

Frank Reid

There might be a setting in your windows explorer that doesn't allow you to see application "sensitive" files, like admin rights. Check you explorer settings.

Second it might be any other windows update to were you can't just jump to service pack 3 you have to install 1 and 2 first. Each service pack builds off another sort of thing.

Just a thought hope it helps.

Your antivirus could be capturing the download and deleted it as it doesn't pass their tests for trusted executables. I have had Norton 360 do this when I download a program on the day of its release.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back