Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCad Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

I got problems on my autocad14. I drawed picture what include lots of block. No there in picture are lots of secret rubbish blocks. How to get rid of that rubbish?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It depends on the type of blocks in the drawing. If they are referenced blocks , meaning if there are inserted references, you must erase the offending blocks then purge the drawing. If they are not referenced, then you can just purge the drawing. You can also wblock the entire drawing to purge all unused layers, textstyles, blocks etc.

Thanks to you striker...You answer helps a little bit. But problem is not completely resolved.

When i take all blocks into sight and star deleting, it delete too important design(blocks). When i try to fix that problematic block with block editor, it sometimes succeed, but always dissapear attributes and all block.

Help me!!

Thanks to you striker...You answer helps a little bit. But problem is not completely resolved.

When i take all blocks into sight and star deleting, it delete too important design(blocks). When i try to fix that problematic block with block editor, it sometimes succeed, but always dissapear attributes and all block.

Help me!!

I have to tell that Purge does not work! I got problem file, if you want to test, i could send it you.

In that file you have to get rid of circle. And rest of picture must stay of the same type.

I think that you cant solve it=)

If I understand Riku's problem (from waaaaayyy back when) correctly, he is seeing weird 'rubbish' blocks showing up in his block-lists that don't seem to appear in his drawing.

I saw something very similar to this happen at my last company. Almost every drawing had a mysterious 'Unit Circle' block listed. No such block was being (deliberately) inserted. None of the other engineers and draftsmen seemed to be concerned - -'oh, that just shows up..'

It took a while to determine the cause. Whenever an *ellipse* is created in AutoCAD (14 at least -- - - dunno about 2000 or 2002), a 'unit circle' block is needed (and created if it isn't already in the file). BTW, exploding an ellipse doesn't do anything for getting rid of the darn 'unit circle' block.

Anyhow, it turned out that there were two small ellipses that had been used in the creation of the newest company logo, dumped into the ubiquitous title-block. So the darn thing was being spread like a virus!
I re-did the title-block, including the logo - - prettied it all up (and simplified several poorly created portions of the title-block) and got rid of the darn ellipses. Then I went on a 'hunting expedition', cleaning up literally hundreds of old drawings, getting rid of these annoying extraneous blocks. I told every draftsman and engineer what had happened, and how to prevent it from happening again.

So about a year ago, the company laid off nearly every engineer and draftsman. (Not to mention 20% of the main labor force.) Three months after this, the management realized they didn't have enough engineers left to do their projects. (ummm...what did they expect?!?)
So they 'promoted' several shop-workers, that had a little AutoCAD knowledge to 'engineers'. (Yes, I'm still steaming about that...)
And, of course, one of them has been using an old title block, that was buried away in an un-used folder for a couple of years.

Two months ago, I was told that they are all seeing this 'Unit Circle' block on every drawing again. And was asked to tell them how to solve it.
(Insert evil laughter here)

Anyhow, the point is - - look *very* carefully at some of the 'simple' blocks you use a lot of - - some of them may be 'contaminated'.

Curmudgeon

Erase <all>

Remove everything you see.

Notice the difference between the two numbers when AutoCAD counts the entities. It should be significant.

You can also try this one:
wblock
choose the drawing that you are in
<yes> replace it
at block name prompt enter: *
Now, open the same drawing without saving changes.
See if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back