Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCad to PowerPoint?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jheidt2543

Civil/Environmental
Sep 23, 2001
US
I would like to "copy", cut & paste, or whatever a detail from an AutoCad drawing into a PowerPoint presentation. Can anyone give me a list of the steps? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In Autocad, punch the print-screen key. And in PowerPoint paste the image. You may crop, resize etc. in the power point itself.

I have used the WMF file format. Save as WMF in CAD which can be inserted into power point and MS word as well.

Regards

I also do what Lutfi mentioned. I also saved a font format that transfers directly into Power Point. Some of my existing fonts changed (must be from similar shape files?) when I inserted the Windows Meta File into any of the Office products.

Thanks for all the good suggestions. I propably should have noted the version of the programs I'm using:

AutoCad Light 2000i and PowerPoint 2000 SP-1

I've tried a copy from AutoCad then past in PowerPoint, but I've having trouble figuring out resizing the drawing. The copy in PowerPoint won't fill the slide and when I print it out it won't fill the page - I get the slide size.

I'll keep trying! Thanks again, I'm on the right path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back