Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Autodesk Inventor .idw dimensions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandCQC

Structural
Feb 27, 2009
US
I can't find an option for precision settings on dimension in idw files. I can change it in the editor window but I'm looking for a general environment change, so that each time a pull a dimension it is created with precision to the third decimal place. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dimension styles. RMB a dimension and select Edit Dimension Style or browse to it through the styles editor on the tool bar.

You will need to save this change to your library to have this work for every new drawing created.

Styles and templates is a very broad subject to be learnt on the forums, based on your posts I have attached a couple of good white papers that I think you will find useful. They are a bit old but still good, anything else just post back here.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=974040b6-7e9f-4f27-a181-c228999a2568&file=Inventor_Styles_&_Templates_WP.zip
EngAddict, thanks for all ur help! I will look into this, I havent gotten the white papers to download yet but I will try again when I have some time. I will also look into the tutorials, I have had a two day crash course on how Inventor works and havent had a lot of time to hone any skills yet at all. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back