Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automate a task in ACAD2002 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnorris

Computer
Dec 31, 2002
US
How would I would go about setting something up that will fill in a title block names attributes for all drawings currently open in ACAD? I regularly have to electronically "sign" these drawings, sometimes sets of 30 or more. It would be of great help if I only had to type in the names/dates once, rather than 30+ times, or even copy w/ base point and pasting to original coordinates 30+ times.

Any direction would be appreciated. I'm just looking for a place to start.

I am new to autocad but fairly familiar with programming in Visual Basic and a few other languages.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you actually opening 30 or so individual drawings or is it one drawing with 30 or so paperspace layouts....? Stephen E. Motichek
Project Consulting Services, Inc.

What I have been doing is open about 10 drawings at a time, putting in the signatures on the first one, copying and then pasting them to all other drawings in the package.

Its just tedious.

You could possibly do this in EZscript-Pro by using scripts.
Its Freeware at
You cound make the title block all attributes and automatically fill in the info with a script -or- just have it repeat the text comands for each title block.

EZscript-Pro will repeat these command across all the drawings you want.

Good luck

Chech out the following site for Hurricane
This utility is allows you to create script files to process
if you are using Autocad 14, 2000+ & Lt versions. I use the product all the time for large volume drawing production. There are a number of templates and wizard scripts to help you, as well as the facility to create your own. You simply create the script then apply it to as many drawings as you want, the script runs with each drawing being opened,processed then saved/closed.
A must for all productive cad users who want to avoid repetitive tasks.
Regards

Graham Dury
Desco Ltd - England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back