Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated Screw Processes Basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike048

Mechanical
May 28, 2018
DE
Does someone has some training material on the different automated screw processes?
In particular, I am looking for some basics on the torque and angle, as well as the gradient screw process.
What I found googling was not relaly what I was looking for...
Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If I were you I'd get into contact with someone like Atlas Copco that sells the automated equipment that puts this theory to use- they will have all sorts of reading material for you.

Get a copy of Bickford's book and read it well. This is a very deep subject and there a many subtle things that can cause all sorts of unexpected results.

Depending on the methods ball valve manufacturers use to determine their published rated flow capacities, the resulting value may be different, even for virtually identical valves. The rated flow capacity of a valve is typically expressed in terms of some type of flow coefficient, currently usually, Cv and Kv. They are equivalent but differ in value due to the units for flow rate and pressure they are associated with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back