Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Attribute annotations - title block values 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJMemphis

Mechanical
Aug 22, 2013
GB
Hi All,

I'm setting up drawing templates with title blocks etc...
We use the master model method (i.e. separate drawing and part files.) I want to get to the stage where; with a model file open, a user can click file>new then select the right drawing template and the fields in the title block will be auto-populated with attributes from the PART file (which was open).

So far I've got the stage where I can get the part filename though to the drawing (i.e. using <W@$SH_MASTER_PART_NAME> ) but I can't get any other information (from file>properties>attributes in the part file) to filter through.

I know this question has been asked before and i have looked at this thread but i seem to be having a problem with it, i followed the process but when i open a new modelling file and then open a new drawing it does not seem to want to link, what am i doing wrong, do i need to save this to the database or what? Anybody that could give me a 'fool proof' guide would greatly appreciated!

Thanks

James

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To link to model part attributes, you create an attribute in your template part DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_ATTRIBUTENAME, where ATTRIBUTENAME is the name of the attribute in the model part.
I can't recall if you can embed those in a titleblock, but I can't see why it isn't possible.

Video #3 at is one I created in the drafting template series about attributes and linking them.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX3 to NX9 with almost every MR (18versions) plus the NX10 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back