Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Display of Mass Units in title block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry767

Mechanical
Sep 8, 2004
CA
See this old thread ( thread559-47569: Mass units).

I have exactly the same question. I can create a custom property "Mass" which is automatically populated with the value from "SW-Mass@filename.SLDPRT". I can then have that custom property automatically appear in my drawing sheet. The problem is, what units is it? I recently had an old part which was placed onto our metric drawing template. The title block reported the mass as 2.2 kg (text "kg" was added to the sheet format as $PRPSHEET:"Mass" kg. In reality, the part's mass units were set to pounds so the part ACTUALLY weighed 2.2 pounds or 1.0 kg. I cannot find a way to automatically attach the mass units to a property but wouldn't this make sense to be able to have that ability?

How are others handling this problem?

Larry Jorgenson, P.Eng (Mechanical - U of S, 1994)
Prairie Agricultural Machinery Institute (PAMI)
Humboldt, SK Canada

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I never did find the answer to my problem so if anyone has anything that can help I would appreciate some ideas. Also, I'm still using version 2007 so if they've added anything in 2008 or 2009 that could help me let me know that too.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry Jorgenson, P.Eng (Mechanical - U of S, 1994)
Prairie Agricultural Machinery Institute (PAMI)
Humboldt, SK Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back