Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Automatic mesh generator 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consulting

Mechanical
Oct 1, 2000
IT
I am looking for an automatic 3D solid mesh generator in stand-alone version able to be interfaced with my FEA and CFD tools. As far as I know most commercial products are quite sofisticated and therefore very expensive. On the contrary some meshers are available at low price but the quality and the tecnhnology is extremely poor.
Any one can suggest an experienced mid class 3D automatic mesher with proprietary graphical input tool or in CAD Add-in version, having a reasonable price (said around 800 - 1000$)?
[sig][/sig]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Good luck!
I like pro/Mesh and FEMAP.
Both at over 7K
If you find a good one under 1 K - please let me know... [sig]<p>Roni Plachta<br><a href=mailto:Roni@AnalysisPros.com>Roni@AnalysisPros.com</a><br><a href= - Finite Element Analysis Services</a><br>Product defects and failure analysis. Structural, thermal and flow testing and simulation. Expert witness testimony. Accident investigation and reconstruction. Experience in Aerospace, Appliances, Automotive, Civil, Marine, Medical, Power, Sports, Tooling[/sig]

can u please tell me where i can get a mesh generator code for 7k. please let me know as to whom i need to contact Raj
Structural Engr.

Raj,
Altair Engineering ( has a very powerful pre-processor &quot;HyperMesh&quot;. I believe it is in the 5-10K/year range. I wasn't clear whether your &quot;7K&quot; was a one-time charge or a yearly (most of these products are yearly leases).
Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back