Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically switching Display States when selecting Exploded Views

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinnamongirl

Mechanical
Jan 18, 2011
US
I have an assembly with several exploded views, each exploded view corresponds to a different display state. Every time I want to view a particular exploded view I have to manually select the correct display state. Is there a way for assign a display state automatically to each exploded view?

To simplify things I've given the matching exploded views and display states the same name so I know which goes with which.

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you have this option selected?
download.aspx

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3d4c2a2e-2b0c-4c6c-ba13-d4fd26d8e6c6&file=Display_State.png
Thank you CorBlimeyLimey. That helped, somewhat.

I learned that it works if you are trying to link a display state exclusively with a specific configuration. I was trying to link each display state with specific exploded views, and all my exploded views are within the same configuration. So in the future I may have to create a configuration for each exploded view.

And by the way, I recently upgraded to SolidWorks 2015 and the option "Link Display States to Configurations" has been moved to the Properties menu of each display state;

Right-button mouse click on the display state name > Properties > Advanced Options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back