Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automating Tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcguirepm

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2002
US
I am new to Pro/Mechanica and I have a question that may be basic. Is there a way to automate repetative tasks such as running a sensitivity study. If I'm running a structural analysis of a wheel I want to run a basic loading six times each at 15 degree increments without baby-sitting the PC.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could assign each of the six loads to individual load sets, then when you set up the analysis ensure that all six load sets are selected. In the results you can choose which load set you want to show, or combine loadsets.

Or you can set up each of the six analysis jobs, then choose to send the first of the runs to "batch" (choose run - batch, rather than run - start). This creates a .bat file. For each subsequent analysis choose to run to batch, and choose the same .bat file and accept the option to append to the original .bat file. When you want to run the six analysis jobs - typically last thing before you leave the office, just double click the .bat file. The analysis jobs now run one after the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back