Automation for frisking, baggage inspection, queue systems etc.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

vij36

Electrical
Dec 27, 2018
IN
Hello,

We are having religious community complex where couple of thousands of people visit every day.

There are queue systems, vehicle checking, baggage checking, and frisking etc., Apart from this security personnel also handle vehicle parking and guiding the vehicles diversions etc.,

There are no automated systems as of now except DFMD like ordinary things (while frisking) and CC cameras.

We would like to automate/ semi automate some of the operations. Could please suggest me what kind of automation is possible for the above set of activities with in a moderate budget. And any companies exists in India which can do such kind of automation.

Regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The process needs to be one that lends itself to being automated. When untrained humans are inherently involved, that becomes difficult. Untrained humans don't do what is expected, don't understand what is happening, ask questions, do the wrong things, etc.

Look at the check-in process at a large international airport for inspiration ... and for observing how processes fail.

I recall arriving at a security line in the airport in Mexico City. I arrived at a station where I observed every person setting down their baggage, pressing a button, observing a green arrow-shaped lamp come on, the person picking up their baggage, and carrying on, so I attempted to do the same. Except ... instead of the green arrow pointing right, mine lit up a red arrow pointing left. I had not observed what one was to do when that happened, because that had not happened to anybody that I had observed in front of me. I was probably the only person in the building that had, and still has, absolutely zero ability to either speak or understand Spanish.

I would suggest contacting a company that provides the equipment and training for this sort of thing, and possibly even the personnel. Anything ad hoc or home-built will likely be incomplete and possibly penetrable. I would also suggest trying to do cost benefit analysis on the likelihood of an attempted breach. The cheapest things are obviously metal detectors, but they're extremely limited in what they can do. Airport security shows how the conflicting requirements of minimum delay and absolute security collide.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back