Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automotive engineering stuff 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sealab

Mechanical
Oct 31, 2014
GB
hello

I am soon to enter automotive engineering, so can you give me please info about online material, databases, presentations, books, etc to introduce myself to automotive engineering?

some introductory but informative stuff would be nice, as well as some of the reference advanced stuff

thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

MIT's online courseware OCW should have something

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Of course I can. I can do anything. I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!

thanks

first, I am looking for a general book, website, CDROM or anything that will help me learn about the various car parts and how they work

but I need it to be a bit technical, for example it should mention the material of the pistons and the challenges of piston desings or how pistons evolved, etc

not much mathematics and physics, but a good description

Some of the"survey" books by Wm Crouse are decent. One in particular was a silver paper back. It had examples of details of design snitched from SAE papers like GM's development of forged pistons for the 396 big block Chevrolet, Chrysler Hemi bearing loading, etc, etc

I would see if I could find the textbook specified for a current community college automotive mechanics course and order it (possibly even used) from one of the popular online vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back