Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

AutoPIPE Jacket Operating Pressure Different Than Core Operating Pressure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENG2194

Mechanical
Sep 12, 2019
US
Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this. I couldn't find an AutoPIPE forum to post this question in. The contractor we use to run stress analysis for jacketed pipe systems recently changed software from Ceaser to AutoPIPE. He now says there is no way to simultaneously run the jacket and core at different operating pressures using AutoPIPE. Is this true? If false could you provide some info on how different pressures may be run?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've done jacketed piping in AutoPIP in the past, but it's been too long ago so I can't exactly recall the options, but I think it should be possible, as both the inner and outer pipe are modeled with different pipe ID's. The best place to ask this question though is Bentley's AP forum.

Huub
- You never get what you expect, you only get what you inspect.

You can absolutely do this in AutoPIPE. Changing the design pressure is about the first thing you learn to do. Modeling of jacketed piping is about as complex as it comes with pipe modeling and I'd be very concerned about accepting their work if they can't even figure out how to set the design pressures correctly.

AutoPIPE’s manual has a few very good examples of modelling approaches on this exact matter. I suggest you read those.

Huub
- You never get what you expect, you only get what you inspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back