Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auxiliary View Projection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewh

Aerospace
Mar 28, 2003
US
I have a drawing created in NX10 that is supposedly third angle projection but will only place auxiliary and section views in a first angle projection.
I'm not having any luck in locating these settings. Short of recreating the part, how can I change this setting?

"Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively."
-Dalai Lama XIV

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The view projection can be found in the "edit sheet" dialog. However, the option will be greyed out if the sheet contains any projected views. You can delete the projected views, change the setting and recreate them (might be workable if there are only a few views). Base views are OK, but projected views cannot be edited to change their projection type.

www.nxjournaling.com

The drawing in question consists of only two views of a machined cylinder, parent and section. I could simply turn off the section line as the section view is placed correctly for third angle projection, but I hesitate in hiding this issue and passing it along. I'll re-create the views instead.
Thanks cowski!

"Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively."
-Dalai Lama XIV

if this happens, you can for each new view to be placed, flip the orientation before placement.
I sometimes do that on section views since these can be placed "anywhere" and not necessary according to "the regular placement scheme".

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back