Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auxilliary Section View Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshmo

Aerospace
Oct 2, 2006
US
All,

this is a simple question so I'm sure it won't strain anyone's brain. I had a discussion with someone at my work this morning about making an auxilliary view not being at the correct projected angle just to make the drawing look nicer. For the case that a tradtional auxilliary view won't fit on the sheet, one can make a section plane outside the part and put it on a subsequent sheet. But, is making the view at an unrotated orientation inccorrect as shown in the attachmnet? I don't have ASME Y14.3 so any help resolving this would be helpful, thanks

Josh.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your View A-A isn't needed. Dim the hole location on your right view, show hole being 2X. An iso view may be helpful.

Chris
SolidWorks/PDMWorks 08 3.1
AutoCAD 06/08
ctopher's home (updated 10-07-07)

ctopher,

thanks for the response but I guess my question is more related to view creation fundamentals rather than the particular drawing I have shown. The drawing I have shown is just an example where I am really interested in knowing whether its acceptable to have projected views not at the real angle they should be...

Josh

What you've put is a rotated view per section 1.7.5 7 Fig 11 of ASME Y14.3-2003. What you need to do is indicated the angle and direction of rotation. E.G. a note under the label "VEIW A-A" that says something like "ROTATED X° CCW".

There are other ways of indicating it per 1.7.6 but the above is probably easier.

KENAT, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back