Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auxview2 filter in catia 4.2? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawmania

Aerospace
Mar 16, 2004
GB
Hi hope someone can help, sorry for the long explanation.

I'm using auxview2 filter option in my assembly drawing, the varoius models I'm using are called up in a session, I call in active a new starter model which will be my drawing sheet. The models which are in the session are from/in diffent directories as required by our process. I create all the required assembly views and us auxview2 filter quite a lot. The assembly drawing works really well and filter remembers what models are not used in the various views, over the period of working this drawing I save it, go in and out of catia and it works just great. But when the assembled individual models are issued through our process the models are moved to diferent directories. I then open all the models i.e. create a session, I load active the assembly drawing, I make a view active and go into auxview2 filter, the filter seems to lose its link, or I should say it doesn't remember which files/models should be filtered.

Here is the question, how do I get filter to remember? or what do I need to do to establish the filters again, without having to regenerate all the views?

Many thanks in advance.

Tyrone

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The files being in diffrent directorys, Then moved/copied back is with out a doubt your root cause. Try taking a copy the session, and all the modelfiles link to that sessen back into your working directory at the ssame time. So that you dont't break the link. Catmando is Also correct with the layer filters.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back