Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Availability of E 9310 alloy steel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

damc

Aerospace
Jan 10, 2003
US
I have a French made aircraft pin that our metalurgist determined to be close in composition to E 9310. It is 42 HRC with a suface hardness of 62 HRC .020 to .025 deep on one diameter. I have not been able to find a supplier of this matrial though there are many specs. I would certainly appreciate any suggestions

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have order quantities sufficiently large for mill orders, steel producers like Timken Latrobe, Macsteel, and Mittal (formerly Ispat Inland) all make 9310. Timken Latrobe and Macsteel both have their own service centers, so you can still talk to them about smaller quantities as well. Principal Metals and EMJ (Earle M. Jorgensen) also stock aircraft quality 9310. You may find the alloy listed under the designation from the aerospace standard SAE AMS 6260.

As TVP has indicated - this alloy is widely used and should be readily available from a number of sources - what are the sizes of material you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back