Status
Not open for further replies.

Yunus9696

Mechanical
Apr 14, 2022
IR
Hello dear colleagues
hope you're fine.

I wonder if there is a way to average a field output (eg. Von mises stress) in last 10 increments for each element using:
a. Abaqus subroutines
b. Abaqus python scripting
c. any other way

Thanks in advance,
Yunus.

PS: I'm using the USDFLD subroutine and I want it to work with the averaged field output.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear FEA way
thanks for your reply.

Time averaging.

I have tried the following solutions but still none of them worked out:

1. Using Solution dependent state variables (SDVs) ====> the problem is that the dimensions of the SDV arrays and how to work with them is not clear, for example:
In case of a model with 2 elements (each has 4 integration points) and a 3 increment analysis in which 1 SDV is defined, how can one have access to the element 1 increment 2 value of the SDV number 1 in integration point 4?? would it be like the following? SDV(SDV number, Element number, increment number, integration point number ) = SDV(1,1,2,4) ??

2. Using UEXTERNALDB subroutine to export each increments' outputs to an external file and import and average them at the beginning of the next increment ===> the problem with this method is that I couldn't export outputs element-by-element using UEXTERNALDB. this subroutine only exports the last elements outputs for me (ie. in case of a 3 element model, only the element number 3 outputs).
I also tried to define a matrix in the subroutine to store the output of all elements in it and export them to an external file at the end of each increment but, due to an internal loop I guess, the whole matrix gets zero values except the row corresponds to the last element's outputs.

3. reading .odb file ===> I don't know how to use this file format to extract the desired data from.

Thanks in advance

Python scripting is likely the best way to do this. Check the documentation section Scripting --> Accessing an Output Database --> Using the Abaqus Scripting Interface to access an output database for some hints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back