AVEVA Pipe Stress Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

F.G.

Chemical
Jan 2, 2018
BE
Hi,

As a piping design engineer I use AVEVA PDMS 12.1 / E3D for the 3D modelling of piping systems. I am gathering information on the use of software which makes it possible to export the 3D models from PDMS 12.1 / E3D directly into the piping stress analysis software CAESAR II. So far I have found a number of different software programs which make this possible, each with its own distinctive advantages.
For this application, I am currently looking for more information on the use of AVEVA Pipe Stress Interface (see attachment). Can you tell me about your experience with this software or similar programs? Can you share your experience on some of the questions below or give additional information? Your help is much appreciated, thank you for sharing your opinions and expertise.

1) The completeness and correctness of the transferred data in CAESAR II:
Is there a lot of work needed to finish/correct the stress model? If so, what specifically?

2) Overall time saving
Does the use of the software provide a ROI in respect to manual input in CAESAR II?

3) User-friendliness of working procedure and program in PDMS / E3D and CAESAR II
Is the working procedure and program clear and ready to use? Is training required?

4) Stability and reliability
Do errors occur on a regular basis? Are these errors solvable by the user itself or is advanced knowledge (IT, programming) required?

5) Advanced use with transferred databases
Do transferred PDMS / E3D databases (SITE elements in design explorer) and the work method of extracting these databases complicate the use of the program?

5) General opinion of the program

6) Additional information

Best wishes for 2018!
Kind regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For Question 1, verify what versions of CAESAR II are supported by the interface.

As to your other questions, assuming the CAD model is built correctly and has true connectivity, the resulting CAESAR II model should be geometrically correct. All CAD interfaces have short-comings: are restraints properly specified (gaps, friction), are tees properly specified (pad thickness), are operating conditions defined (temperatures & pressures), are materials properly defined such that they align with "code materials" in the CAESAR II database. If these items are lacking, then the stress model must be polished before analysis.

Richard Ay
Intergraph CAS

Hi richay,

Thank you for your reply, the information you supply is valuable into gaining more insight into the application. As for your information; CAESAR II version 8.0. is used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back