Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avoid deleted/hided lines come again after regerate/update

Status
Not open for further replies.

suresh070379

Mechanical
Nov 21, 2014
IN
Hi,
I have a motor model on which the manufacturer name is embossed. I want that name to be not shown in my drawing. For that, I hide that name in the drawing. Everything fine and then when the model and drawing was regenerated, that name again become viewable in the drawing. I tried by delete that lines and checked if that again come when regenerated. It is again coming. For the time being, I hide that names by multiple lines. Is any setting there in OPTIONS to keep the deleted or hided lines remain in same condition after regenerate. Kindly give any idea.
Regards,
Suresh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure which Release(R19,20,21,22,etc) you are working in, but most of the recent versions should support that behavior.

Check tools > Options > Mechanical Design > Drafting > Geometry tab > Enable: Keep Graphical Dress-up Manually Set on Geoemetry this might also make a difference.

--Doug

If the name is on a catpart nameplate, you can use overload properties on the name plate.
If the name is embossed in a part you need to see, find the embossed name pocket in the part tree and deactivate it.

Harold G. Morgan
CATIA, QA, CNC & CMM Programmer

Hi dougsnell,
Thanks for the reply and the solution provided. I am using R20. Keep graphical dress up option is available in draft > view > generated geometry.
It is working fine.

Hi HGMorgan,
Thanks for the reply. My motor model is read only and I have no rights to modify. So, I unable to do as you mentioned by deactivate the embossed part. And also, as the motor is single part, I unable to use overload properties.

Suresh

Also in the Drafting workbench there is an icon that controls this option. Make sure you turn it on and for the most part I don't see why you would ever turn it off. But it might be off by default.

assocdressup_bmivuo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back