Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

avoiding hatching text area

Status
Not open for further replies.

dooron

Mechanical
Jan 14, 2003
AU
Is there a way to stop AutoCAD from hatching over the text?
The area I have to hatch has text in it and AutoCAD LT 2002 hatches over this area. Is there a way to avoid hatching over the text area?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi guys,
It seems the problem has been raised from the AutoCAD LT. In AutoCAD full version there is no problem to select or track the text as an island. The "Island detection method" in the Boundry Hatch dialog box has no effect on detecting the text objects.
Also there may the mentioned text is not an AutoCAD text object.
:)
Farzad

dooron,

how do You work? ACLT knows the island detection. Don't switch off the textlayer. If you use hatching objects, then You have to pick the text too.

Lothar

I am using the fill type hatch (completely black hatch)as my background hatch. With Advanced Island Fill I get a rectangular box that is unhatched around the whole text (i.e. white colour) or else if I select the other advanced option I get the Fill hatch to completely cover the text.I want each letter of the text surrounded by a black background. I can do in MS Word "Fill command" and cut and paste it to AutoCad Lt as an image, but thought there may be a simpler way.

Try to create the text by the „mtext“ command and set the color of the text for example to yellow (I think that it can’t be white). Hatch over the text by black solid. Now you can control the visibility through the “draworder” command. (draworder -> select hatching -> option back)

Maybe it help

Mirekp
Mechanical and engineering calculations

Hi dooron,
do still have the problem?
I can't reproduce it!
Occures iot in every *.dwg, with different fonts?
One straw: Change QTEXT-> on-> You can see the "rectangles"-> try hatching.

It's crazy. Maybe You have found a new bug [cry]. Mail me an example (my profile)...

Lothar

I don't know if ACAD LT can use the Express Tools but if it can, look into "textmask". To download Express Tools, look at the "FAQs" tab above.

Flores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back