Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

axisymmetric filament wound shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

addmenot

Structural
Dec 24, 2002
DE
Hi,
i have model an axisymmetirc fw shell, in patran and using Nastran as a solver, i used the ctriax6 element.The problem is how to define the material properties. I know the angle which the fiber made with the meridian of the shell, but the material property form required E11,E22,E33,NU12,NU23,NU31 and G13. I know the Ef, Et, Vft and Gft.

Q1-Do i need to calculate the E11,E22,E33,NU12,NU23,N31 and G31 for each element seperately, based on the angle which it make with the meridian. or E11=Ef E22=Et etc.

Q2-if yes, than what is the THE value present in CTRIAX6 entry shows?

Q3-Does any body has a sample code for this type of shell.

Amir

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You should be able to get this information from the NASTRAN manual. Each element has a description with all of the theory and technical parameters. If you can't find it, call MSC tech support - they will gladly assist you. They are good people.

Typically, you specify the properties of a single lamina - the data you happen to have; and then you define the laminate structure - angles of the layers. The program does the rest.

I hope that this helps....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back