[b] Bellow Relief Valve - Cotter Pin [/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bader

Mechanical
May 3, 2002
SA
Greeting all Gent.,

I have a problem with the RV technicians, after inspection one of the bellow type relief valve, I discovered that they used a stainless steel wire instead of the cotter pin. The problem is according to what I received this is not the first time they are utilizing a S.S wire instead of the proper pin. Now, I am afraid that this will have an impact on the relief valve operation.

If anybody knows about this anything that may help me take my decision please I need it. And does this have any impact in the operation of the relief valve !!??

Regards,

I am always ready for help as much as i can .. so just let me know your Problem .

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not sure exactly what bellows pin you are talking about, most belows are either welded or screwed to the internal assembly. Which manufacturer and model valve ar eyou looking at? Without getting into detail, it is never a good idea to do anything that is not recomended by the manufcaturer, and no manufacturer that I know of will approve a modification, change or any part not produced by them for that valve. An owner/enduser can modify a valve however he wants, but the manufacturer will stand by that product and the warranties will be void. No VR shop will do that either becasue it is not allowed by the National Board or the valve manufactuer. If I was you and to be completely safe I would require the valves be serviced per the manufactuers maintenance manuals using all OEM parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back