Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Back Pressure of Two Compressors with a Spray Nozzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechwill

Mechanical
Apr 19, 2013
CA
I am hoping I can get some help from your expertise.

I am currently using two small diaphragm air compressors connecting with a Wye-fitting and that will be the main air source for a spray nozzle. The outlet of the Wye-fitting will be connected to a nozzle, which has a very small hole in order to mix air and fluid properly

Due to the characteristics of diaphragm compressors, is there equipment or a device to regulate the pulsation? If there is a pulsation in the system, does that mean the air is choking? I have searched on the web about "pulsation damper". Some of them are like a fitting with a tiny hole on it. In other word, it is like a pressure regulator except the pressure is fixed. If this type of "damper" gets installed in the system, will it change the air flow rate?

With two compressors installed in parallel and shared with one outlet of a small fuel nozzle hole, will there be any issue with back-pressure of the compressor, which might cause the motor to be heated up?

Regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Why don't you feed both of them into a tank. That way they won't effect each others output and the tank will give a bit of surge capacity to smooth out the flow.
I presume that you are using diaphragms for a good reason in the first place?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, Plymouth Tube

Hi, Ed and Latex

I did try to join their outputs with a small tank due to limtied space. Oddly, the air flow rate and surface temperature of both compressors increase a lot more. Perhaps, I should put a baffle inside of the tank to smooth out the flow and maintain its flow rate.

I would like to swtich a different type of compressor and I have tried to use a scroll compressor which does reduce the pulsation. However, it's hard for find a scroll compressor that meets the same air pressure and flow rate as the diaphragm compressor's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back