Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Back to pro/e 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianM4x4

Mechanical
Mar 22, 2001
CA
Hi all, I was going along pretty smooth in misfire, till I had to do some surface operations. In 2001 I can bring in a fairly complex surfaced model from catia, which brings in a bunch of extra items that I can redefine the import and clean it up till all I have left is the main surfaces of the part. This is not an easy task in wildfire, but I did get it to work. Then in 2001 I build my blocks that I need to cut and copy all the surfaces that cross the block so I can do a surface cut with it. I tried for the life of me to do this in wildfire, I could not get the surfaces picked that I wanted and it was extremely slow, I finally gave up and am doing it in 2001 with no problems. Any idea's where I'm going wrong in wildfire???
Also is there a config pro option for iges import that will exclude all the construction planes and surfaces and wireframe that other cad systems throw into the iges file???
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I hope that Wildfire does not become pro/E's V4. Catia V5 was simmilar to Wildfire because you had to relearn everything. People that came to Catia from soem other package learned V5 faster tha expereicneed Catia users. V5 has been out for 5 years and all of it's biggest users are still on V4.

ProEpro

ProEpro, you make an interesting comment. We have a fair ammount of Catia customers and none of them are using V5.
We have numerous Pro/E customers and after testing it, none of them are even considering moving to Wildfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back