Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ball Valve Flanged RF 900 Rating To Be used for Temperature 593DegC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabirPakistani

Mechanical
Jul 19, 2013
QA
Dear ALl,
I have one case where we need ball valve flanged RF.900# Material Body & Stem A182 F22 Cl.3, Ball & Seat A182 F22 Cl.3+Stellite6 (Weldoverlay process).
Can i use above flanged valve at temperature 593DegC since ASME B16.34 Table for mtl group 1.10 restricts up to 538DegC.
Please guide me Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have one case where we need ball valve flanged RF.900# Material Body & Stem A182 F22 Cl.3, Ball & Seat A182 F22 Cl.3+Stellite6 (Weldoverlay process).
Can i use above flanged valve at temprature 593DegC since ASME B16.34 Table for mtl group 1.10 restricts up to 538DegC.
Please guide me Thanks

In my career I have several times been asked the question if a valve could be used even if the process data, normally pressure, temperature or a combination of both is 'just a little bit above' the given standard.

The answer is absolutely NO! All juridical, economical commercial and insurance consequences lies on the party breaking the standard, even if the construction technically could well bear the conditions.

This is the reason it is called a standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back