Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bar/Beam design optimization example

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBrx

Mechanical
May 21, 2013
HR
Regards!

As mentioned in the title, does anyone have any nice example of BAR/BEAM design optimization? Since I have a problem with it...

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello!,
In my blog here you are a tutorial (including video!) about Optimization on FEMAP & NX NASTRAN, is for CROD elements ...

3bars_optimization.png
resultado_optimizacion.png

Bes regards,
Blas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: Blog de FEMAP & NX Nastran:

Thanks Mr. Molero, I've already seen Your tutorial, it's very nice classic example, but as You've said, it's for CROD elements.
It's a bit different when you want to optimize BAR or BEAM elements, isn't it?

RGDS,
Brx

Dear BRX,
Currently in FEMAP, you can select for DESIGN VARIABLES only Rod Area and Torsion, Bar Area, Torsion, I1, and I2, and Plate Thickness, but NX NASTRAN lets you choose physical properties, such as the T field (thickness) in a PSHELL, the DIM1 in a PBEAML, and so on. In NX Nastran, this creates a DESVAR and DVPREL1 combination. The following physical property types are supported:

optimization-dvar.jpg

All are in the manuals, take a look to them, using PREVIEW ANALYSIS you can edit in FEMAP the NX NASTRAN file input to account for your needs.
Best regards,
Blas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: Blog de FEMAP & NX Nastran:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back